The exhibition presents several dozen photographs taken by artist photographers Edmund and Bolesława Zdanowski, the owners of a photo lab in Vilnius, apprentices, and later partners, of a famous Vilnius artist photographer – Jan Bułhak. The photographs have been ordered by Towarzystwo Pomocy Wileńszczyźnie (Vilnius Region Beneficial Society). The collection compiled by Vaida Sirvydaitė Rakutienė, the curator of the exposition, contains 76 photographs kept at the M. K. Čiurlionis National Art Museum in Kaunas. The collection was first presented to the public at the end of 2014, and in August 2015 at the Lower-Silesian Center of Photography “Domek Romański” in Wrocław. The pictures depict every-day life of the refugees – Lithuanians, Poles and Jews at the turn of 1939 and 1940.
Organizers: M. K. Čiurlionis National Art Museum in Kaunas, Lower-Silesian Center of Photography “Domek Romański” and History Meeting House.